Organising a successful tournament comes down to PREPARATION.
Stuff you’ll need:
- Referees and umpires
- Hall hire
- First aid
- Scoring cards or clickers
- Draw sheets
- Weigh-in sheets
- Scales and tape measure
- Speaker system
- Tables and chairs
- Photographer (nice to have)
Stuff to consider in preparation:
- What is the predicted number of competitors?
- What disciplines will there be? E.g. points sparring, continuous sparring, special technique, patterns/kata, destruction, any team events?
- Marketing e.g. social media, poster, emails, website
- Pre-register competitors. Online? Registration form?
Thought needs to be given to crowd/audience management, parent/coach appeal, parking, tournament set up and clear down,
What will happen at the front door? Pay? Weigh in? Spectators? Register?
Rules need to be sent to all competitors (through their coach) ahead of time.